FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NZ seat selection as *G
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:01 am
MattAus

Programs: UA, QF, VA
Thanks everyone. I've submitted an online form and will see if/how Air NZ responds.

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Rant. However, AirNZ are most stingy regarding other *G benefits. Example; if holding no status with NZ and looking to accrue to NZ (ie build status), and holding *G elsewhere, NZ will not allow lounge access by showing your *G card despite this being the Star Alliance protocol. NZ insists that accrual must be to the program that status is held. However, when I queried this they noted that this applies only to AirPoints and it would be acceptable to accrue to say SQ (no status), and show TG*G for lounge access.
/Rant.
That's really annoying. I've also run into this problem previously when I redeemed SQ miles for an NZ award ticket, but wanted to have my UA frequent flyer number in the booking to receive *G benefits. Because I'd booked using SQ miles, the SQ number was attached to the booking and I couldn't remove it online. Air NZ also refused to change the FF number when I contacted their customer service. They were able to do it at the airport though.

I note that in one of their responses to you Thai-Kiwi, Air NZ quoted the Airpoints terms & conditions. I'm not sure how the Airpoints terms & conditions come into it when I'm not even a member of the Airpoints program!