FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SE Overnight Benefits in YYZ
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:20 pm
SKYEG

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by JordanK
Wow, that is pretty impressive for not even having AC status. I assume this must have been "back in the day" when the concierge service was a little more... substantial.

In all fairness, the concierge at YYZ just emailed me to confirm that she had spoken with the AC supervisor in IAH, who has promised to ensure that there will be a hotel voucher ready for me upon arrival. I appreciate that she made the effort, given that the "system" apparently prohibits her from booking a hotel herself.

I imagine there won't be a Mercedes waiting for me to drive me there, but I'll take what I can get. If it's a shady hotel, I might just skip the voucher and go the travel insurance route (although I'd really prefer not having to deal with an insurance company).
Yeah I would have went that route but there was literally nothing available for me to book … I’m not even sure how AC found that place for me as it was also not available to book online. That’s why I was even more grateful lol better than sleeping at airport