FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels to acquire Radisson Americas.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:04 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by christianj
Transferring Radisson points to an airline is typically not the best use of points but everyone's situation can vary. If you are looking to move your Radisson US points out of the program before the merger and you need United points....this 30% bonus might work for you. Just figured I would share.

https://promo.united.com/offers/p2m?...mpaign=P2M2022
Your post made me pull the trigger to bail out and cut my future losses.Thank You.I was obsessive on potential lost value as a true FT member should be lol
Farewell last 200k for 26,000 UA miles (yes I know sad normally even worse) just another reason to not do business with them going forward
I thought clearly over my last 20 plus years with Radisson SAS/Blu/Red/Purple/Green/Yellow etc
Where they were and where they are today and what they may look like as a company.& program 5 years from now.

Historically the International side was led by the SAS group once a powerhouse not so much in building good loyalty programs
but Customer Relationship management and brand assurance
I was spell bound by a few stays back in the late 90s by the Radisson Copenhagen across from Tivoli Gardens and some select others in Scandinavia.
High standards and 100% Guest satisfaction led my confidence to an occasional customer whenever in the region happily .
For its day it was a solid dependable hard product and value
Food & Beverage were excellent.Kindness and dedication to the guest prevailed.

There was a time at checkout where you could check your bags in the lobby of the hotel with an SAS check in counter
skip airport check in and just hop on the plane
half an hour before boarding as long as you were flying SAS
Bags were checked through to your final destination and you had your boarding passes in hand.Pre 9-11
But times & eras have vastly changed also I'm getting older. Europe will now be a once a year thing may be twice?

Tend to prefer luxury and comfort when i go abroad and trust at this time in my life.
Who in their right mind wanting a premium or even reasonable experience with some very rare exceptions want to stay with the new Choice or Radisson in America?
They would have to give the house away IMO
The website mostly sucks and their customer service is now atrocious after closing the once excellent call centers in the Midwest?
I wouldn't trust them to reconfirm a reservation properly..

The reason to stay Radisson was if the property was good or if it wasn't you couldn't fail.
They would refund your money or points if it wasn't a great stay and most of the times it was very good.
However prior to the pandemic you could see the downhill spiral begin in cost cutting.
Food and beverage was the most noticeable decline.From loving breakfasts to hating it.
We ended up with a fantastic stay but walking to a nearby Marriott for a respectable breakfast
That was one of their key strengths years ago.It was always at least good sometimes very good or outstanding in fact once in Stockholm years ago
What on earth now does this new company now stand for? And who exactly owns this company?
Some Chinese investors with now horrible overwhelmed call centers with clueless agents in the Philippines even less desirable than IHG call centers?
Didn't think that was possible.My final message to their escalation team was never responded too

Their INT division doesn't even list an 800 number for the US guests to call
On the rare occasion I ever wish to stay with a preferred Radisson I am happy to pay and offer them no future loyalty.
My needs are very well served by other majors with far superior customer service and brand assurance that i trust.
For all those reasons I'm out.Have little to no trust in this company based on their business behavior to date.
Now no worries at all including expiring points liability .Good luck to all who decide to stay parked with Radisson/Choice A & or Radisson B
I'll be reading about all those hopefully happy trails and wish everyone much luck in hopes my thoughts may have been off point.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Sep 5, 2022 at 2:12 pm