FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System (EFRS) Discussion (was: Japan opening up)
Old Sep 4, 2022, 7:15 pm
alan11

Originally Posted by dyrtydave
Doesn't the visa and ERFS form say when you can enter? I guess you're right about the part of changing the departing flight I suppose? But then that would just mean you would lie to the agency? I mean, what keeps you from doing that on a guided tour? You can just decide not to actually board your flight after check in and then you're free to do the same?
I don't know how far the guide goes in the airport with people on the guided tours, but it could be right up to immigration. But to actually ditch a flight after checking in would probably be a big issue for the airline.
As far as "lying" to the agency, do you actually think many people care? It seems like lots of people are already looking to flout some of the "rules" in order to gain entry, such that there is debate over how strict they J-authorities may be in enforcement. If there was no bending of rules, then there would be no concern about strictness.