FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:21 pm
Iamnotlost

Programs: BA GGL
Did my interview at JFK T7 on 29th Aug. Waltzed up to regular desk (no queue which was a first for me) and told the officer I wanted to do Interview on Arrival. He did the normal admission process for arriving with and ESTA – fingerprints etc. Was directed to wait on a couple of chairs behind the desks. One other person waiting. Once everyone from the flight had gone through (hall empty) we were both called back.

Another photograph, more fingerprinting and a few questions; showed my UK driving licence. My fingerprints are always an issue because they are very faint. After a few tries he said he would send them through and I would get an email.

Two days later the email had not arrived and I was coming back home. I decided to go to the Global Entry office in T4 at JFK and ask why I had heard nothing. Luckily, the officer guarding the door took pity on me and went to find someone to help. I ended up having a lengthy session of photographing and more fingerprinting with a very kind and patient officer. I felt very lucky that they were so nice to me as I was feeling pretty anxious about it all by then – especially when he said he would send the fingerprints through (that was becoming a slightly ominous phrase in my head). That must have showed because then he told me he had approved me.

The email notifying me of my change in status came through about 6 hours later.

Get to try it out next week.