FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC to Arlington VA. Drive or fly?
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:12 am
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by roberino
I'm leaning towards the train now. Some nice options in terms of train equipment. TBH I was worried about traffic in DC especially.
train is the better option. In DC the main train station ( union station) is also a subway station.

from DC it’s easy to get to an airport. DCA is on the subway line. Dulles right now has a subway station but not yet open. You go to current rnd and thrn take an airport shuttle. Bwi us backtracking a bit because near the airport is a train station used by Amtrak and the local Maryland commuter train line with a free bus to the airport about a 7 min ride.

as for driving its

1, take New Jersey turnpike to Wilmington, Delaware then 95 to dc. There is an alternate where you can go 95 thru downtown philadelphia
2. from Wilmington you could take US 301 which goes along the eastern side of the Chesapeake thrn over a bridge to Annapolis then west to DC
3,. an alternate way is using I-78 to either 476 thrn 95 or to Harrisburg and go 83 to 695 to 95 in baltimore or go US 25 to Frederick, md then 270 south to dc

as for points of interest off 95

new Jersey beach towns
trenton is New Jersey capital
harrisburg is PA stste capital
in Lancaster, PA you have a large Amish and Mennonite population. Amish are known fir sticking to the 1700s where they don’t use electricity. Menonites have adopted some modern conveniences like refrigeration
Hershey chocolates is HQ in Hershey, PA
there are historic sites and historic civil wat battle sites like Gettysburg.
Annapolis is the home of the US naval academy.West Point north of nyc is the US army academy

Last edited by djp98374; Sep 1, 2022 at 10:20 am