FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Sad State of Fairfield Inn Breakfast
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:46 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you go outside BonVoy since Homewood is outside BonVoy anyway IHG Staybridge has

a functional kitchen but no oven IIRC. At least 2 cooktops and full size fridge. We really like this brand even we are only 2 adults. The new ones built in past few years seem all have functional kitchens, incl one we stayed a few months ago that is very close to the "Guitar Hotel" in Ft. Lauderdale, just to use up an expiring FN cert - it has a working kitchen just not as big as RI's is.

We also stayed for 3 nights at RI Clear Water downtown to use up the June 30 expired FN certs. That RI pt redemption is Studio not one bedroom. But their breakfasts were acceptable, only bagels were prepackaged. Yogurts were Chobani brand Greek Yogurts. Hot dishes were self-served. The things lacking were the fruits. Other RIs and Fairfields we stayed in March from Jacksonville to Orange Beach, AL, all had self-served hot breakfast items, and all of them had fresh blue berries and strawberries.

I think it is really up to the owners of the franchisees to decide how to skim the items under the name of Covid-19 precaution. Not all owners are this bad. Though because Marriott gives the carte blanche, the guests are left to the owners' mercy or consciences.

Originally Posted by pinniped
I hate the new Homewoods that don't have full kitchens! If it's an extended stay with family, I don't want to have to microwave pizza or order takeout every night.

RI, as far as I know, is the only brand where you can count on a full kitchen with oven plus stovetop.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 31, 2022 at 10:57 am