FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:14 pm
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Silja
I am considering a flight connecting in DFW. AA all the way, MSY- DFW- XNA. However, connection is only 49 minutes (the wiki says 50 minutes MCT), and the incoming flight (AA1781), according to google, is often delayed.

But the next best flight, earlier in the day, is double the price... worth the risk? If I get stuck in DFW, does the airline have to pay for a hotel? I am too old to sleep in the airport :P
According to ExpertFlyer there are some AA-AA flights where the MCT at DFW is less than 50 minutes. It looks like the 1781 connects with the 4138 and at the moment it looks like the connection time is 41 minutes (may be a little different when you travel depending on scheduling). It's tight but perfectly doable provided that the inbound isn't delayed too much.

The 1781arrived early tonight but arrived at D4 with the departing gate at B18 which is unhelpful and a bit of a schlep. In summary, it's doable but tight.

If you miss the connection then the provision of a hotel room will depend on the reason for the delay. If it's weather or air traffic you will be out of luck. If it's mechanical then you're in with a chance. It really all depends on your risk tolerance. I'd probably do it on the basis that I'd be happy enough to pay for my own hotel in the worst case and catch the next flight in the morning. You will be rebooked on the next available flight.