FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:10 am
TropicalTripper

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
It’s pretty easy to figure out what answers they’re looking for in the screening questions and modify the replies to qualify.
”Are you looking to buy a new car?” Yeah, I’m gonna assume I should answer “yes” to qualify for that survey. 😉
Agreed. Also, there are an almost unlimited number of surveys. If you don't qualify for one, you're usually immediately given another survey, I usually lose interest before I hit the end. You also earn 3 miles for surveys that you don't qualify for, which I realize is a pittance, but earning those 3 miles sometimes only takes you a few clicks, so if you get disqualified from a number of surveys you may be able to earn the same amount of miles you would've taken for getting a full survey for a comparable amount of time.

There is a scenario where the site won't show you any available surveys, but that's because you've effectively been locked out. That can happen if you use a VPN or if you are bouncing back and forth between survey sites associated with other airlines or E-Rewards. E-Rewards, Miles for Opinions, and the survey sites associated with United (milesforopinion.com), Alaska (theopinionterminal.com), and JetBlue (jetopinions.com). All of these sites are powered by the same survey company. I've been locked out of Milesforopinion.com twice and I emailed their customer support and got my access back within 72-hours. Note that you can also transfer miles to AA from E-Rewards, but those miles don't post as LPs.

Yesterday I earned 152 miles on milesforopinion and I only qualified for 2 surveys. I earned the rest of the miles by not qualifying. When I looked at my account this morning, the miles/LPs were there.

I realize this is OT, but may be useful to have this in the forum since it's a viable option for earning a small number of miles to hit a status level, something people resort to AAdvantage eShopping for.​​