FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated HNL/Honolulu/Waikiki/Oahu Restaurants & Bars Thread (2020 and Onward)
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:04 am
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Here are some notes for this month:

In Kaka'ako, we had outdoor dinners at Istanbul and Panya and they were both excellent. I'm not sure if I will make it to Piggy Smalls' this trip but they also have outdoor seating.

In Waikiki, I had an excellent dinner at Roy's Eating House 1849. I recall that the reviews when they first opened were not good; glad to know they have upped their game. I also noted the menu at Herringbone across the plaza looked good, including a lobster roll. I also had dinner at Deck and the food and service were both solid; the portions of the Catch of the Day (grilled ono) were very generous, plus they offered a 15% Kama`aina Discount. I'd be tempted to go back for brunch.

I had a very mediocre and over-priced brunch at Hau Tree Lanai. We had a beachside table and decent service but the Canadian bacon in the Eggs Benedict was replaced by shaved ham and portions all around were skimpy. I'm sadly putting this place on my "do not visit" list for now.
Thanks for those recommendations!

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
My mom went to the soft-reopening of Mariposa at the Ala Moana Neiman Marcus and had the $34(!!!) lobster club sandwich and said it was very good, but not great.
Ate there today for the first time in many years. I had the now-$37 lobster club sandwich. It was very tasty and very filling. Ridiculously expensive, but good. My wife had the Laksa (seafood) curry, which was great.

Note: There is limited outdoor seating. Reservations are important, at least on this Friday afternoon.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 27, 2022 at 11:16 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged