FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Aug 26, 2022, 4:57 am
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by escape4
Officially Hilton has not said so - you are correct. Unofficially, some bloggers said info was "leaked" that LTD will get preferential treatment for upgrades. My purpose here on FT is mostly information gathering: if they don't give better upgrades then fine, I will not speed up my progress to LTD because I will have no reason to do so, and if upgrades are more generous, then I will certainly do so. Some reports in this thread are positive, some not so much. Bottom line it's a mixed bag so far so the jury is still out!
I've found just being a nice person is far more likely to yield upgrades anywhere than any unpublished features for quasi-tiers -- I've wound up in a water-front suite at Fairmont and some palatial Hyatt rooms despite not even being a member of either programs (and for the Fairmont booking in a very sketchy way that I'm pretty sure involved arbitrage of multiple foreign currencies and I was not entirely counting on having a room at all when I checked in...long story). For LTD-specific benefits in particular since it's not published it's not something to count on, blogger leaks notwithstanding and as The Road Goes On Forever mentioned is something subject to phase of the moon/property's prerogative/the general mood of the front desk associate.

Given the relative "meh"-ness of most upgrade opportunities at Hilton properties (where upgrades are even a published benefit to start) I certainly wouldn't let a slightly better chance of an illusory upgrade drive my choices... but that's also easy for me to say as I'm already here...