FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swedish Consumer Agency opens investigation in SAS post-strike
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:10 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I don't get this, they open an investigation now and to SAS? It is difficult to get in touch with any customer service of any company in Sweden and generally to get help, SAS is really not special here. For some reason this country thinks it is perfectly acceptable that when you call basic every day institutions like banks, utility companies or insurance companies that queueing for 45 minutes to an hour to just to talk to a human is normal. Or having that human then refuse to talk to you or help you unless you have BankID or some other nonsense "security" reason.

They should push the government for legislation on consumer laws that obligate companies to answer service lines in a certain amount of time instead of going, "Hey we budgeted 3 FTE for the phonelines regardless of how many call". Support lines and teams need to scale with the need for support, alternatively you solve your IT systems so people can self service their support needs.
I was on hold for over 6 hours to get through to SAS! This is a lot more than 45 minutes wait. This was the reason why I was stranded at YYZ. SAS didn't even offer call back service (they did it at the beginning of the strike). The long queue is simply because the only way to sort anything out is to call, a question with a credit card? Call and they can tell you what the computer said. Need to do a chargeback for a Q8 credit card? Call. Need to change my contact phone number for my bank? Call. Need cheaper insurance? Call because the computer can't give you a better price.

Originally Posted by the810
They open the investigation because there are many complaints and it's their job to investigate whether companies break the consumer law. Airlines are covered by the European law which specifies what kind of assistance should be provided in case of disruptions. It is perfectly possible that they will conclude that SAS fulfilled their obligations.

However, not being willing to hire staff (or pay them properly to be able to hire them) does not waive company's legal obligations.
Exactly and SAS knows well enough that there will be a strike, so they could have planned ahead how to deal with this.