FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Claiming compensation from AC under APPR (Air Passenger Protection Regulations)
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:47 am
poshul

Originally Posted by poshul
I purchased tickets on Air Canada with the knowledge that I they had a legal duty of care and with the expectation that they would not violate the law. Trust is a key part of a rules based society. I trusted that if Air Canada thought that they would be unable to comply with the law that they would cancel flights down to a level that they could maintain (see Lufthansa's shedding of tons of flights this summer as a good example of how to handle this). Air Canada instead looked at their pocketbooks, and decided that it would cost them less to break the law than to cancel flights. I intend to do everything in my power to make them reevaluate that assessment.
As an update, about a week after I started the collections process against Air Canada I received notification that they suddenly were willing to pay. No apology, no itemized receipt, but it does look like they paid interest on the amount that I was owed for all the time they refused to comply with the law. I'm glad to have this over with (though I would really have loved reenacting this episode but with a 777.