FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Aug 21, 2022, 2:13 pm
limey1K

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
My wife and I (GS million mile companion) had a misconnect last friday to SNA due to weather in houston. We had my daughters performance to get to, so we took the next flight to LAX and drove home to OC. In the past, I've always submitted receipts and they reimbursed me with no questions asked. This time I was denied. The reason was because I chose a different flight to get home and not the next flight to OC (which was almost 6 hours later), they would not compensate me for any other expenses. This is definitely a first in the 8 years or so I've been GS. Maybe because it was a weather related misconnect, but I would have preferred that reasoning instead.

Also wanted to add that when we arrived in houston, no agent in sight informing me of my missed connection. When we got on the Lax flight, gate agent came on right before door closed and rushed one of us up for a last minute upgrade. I let my wife take it and sat in the back. When I called GS to get my plus points back, she said the manifest showed that we were both upgraded. So I sat in row 39 on a 777 instead of a rare (to me) domestic lie flat.
That's terrible but I can't say my experience has been much better. I have misconnected six times this year (four due to UA incompetence and twice due to weather delays) at hub location and been met by a GS agent ZERO of those times. I have ventured to the Club each time and asked for help there. The days of a GS agent meeting you at the gate at boarding seem to be long gone. The program has been been decimated over the last three plus years.