FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome Luxury Hotel
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:36 am
livefromtuscany
formerly vienna-resident

Originally Posted by richarddd
That looks appealing. However, the website pictures of the Villa Suite make it look dark, even with many lights on. Is it dark in person?

How does service compare between Vilon and Portrait Roma?
I have only stayed in the Terrace Room or in the Terrace Suite, so unfortunately I can’t comment on the Vilon Suite. Looks like there are 3 windows in the living area, and another window in the bedroom, but I agree that it looks a bit dark in the photos.

I found the Vilon much better for service. They greeted us by name every time we walked in and out. But it is an entirely different concept, the Vilon has a proper lobby with a bar and restaurant, while the Portrait doesn’t have any common areas at all (except the rooftop terrace, which we couldn’t use because it was rainy/windy).

To freshen up my memories, I just checked the Portrait website and it’s very amusing how they describe it on their “Bars & Dining” page:

The Best Restaurants in Rome

On the terrace of the Portrait Roma you will not find a restaurant, but all of your favorite ones in Rome: from a Michelin star menu, to that of a typical trattoria in the historic center … from Fusion and Asian menus, to the most classic delicious pizzas.

Portrait Bar

Your minibar is a little corner of your home in Rome. We shall be pleased to restock it daily with your favourite snacks and a selection of wines, champagnes and spirits.

So yes, “Dining” is food delivery from nearby restaurants and “Bars” is your in-room minibar