FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:03 pm
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Had a nice one today. Flying back PWM > ORD from a week up in Maine. Dropped my wife (who is MM GS) and my daughter (who at less than 3 years old, is an earned Gold) at the curb and sent my wife to check them in and check our three checked bags while I dropped off the rental car because we were running a little tight to our departure. I get to them, still at check in, holding our third bag as the check in agent had told my wife that she was allowed one checked bag and our toddler was allowed one checked bag but that I would have to get there to check the third bag, because she needed to check in the third person to check the third bag. We're all on the same PNR and I just note to the agent (I know they're third party... so I wasn't expecting much) that she should be able to check all three bags under just my wife because she's global services, but who cares because I'm here so thanks for getting us on our way and she just stares at me and says "I don't know what GS is, one bag per person".

Life is short, we had a wonderful week, and our FA in first was just a treasure on the way home... so all good. The joys of domestic (and often INTL) air travel abound!

Safe travels everyone.