FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Short check / checking baggage (consolidated)
Old Aug 20, 2022, 5:23 pm
tbrein

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by seawolf
What does almost went Nairobi mean? It either did or didn’t. Does AA fly to Nairobi? If previous itinerary was AA to LHR and BA to Berlin, that’s LHR baggage ops not PHL.
We were flying from JAX-ORD-LHR-TXL. In ORD we were flying on BA. i notified the BA rep in the FC lounge that our bags needed to be transferred from AA. She nodded but really seemed like she did not care. Upon arrival in TXL our bags were not there. We filed a claim. We were told they would be on the next flight to Berlin. They were not. The next morning I received a text that they would be on the evening flight on Air Kenya to my final destination—Nairobi. Many phone calls later we were able to get our luggage rerouted to Berlin.
Obviously, I don’t want a repeat performance. The bags were tagged correctly. i am not sure why I received that text. We spent three hours in the Berlin Airport while they searched for our luggage. Two days wasted. They never made the connection in ORD even though there was plenty of time.