FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Aug 19, 2022, 8:22 am
limey1K

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Just called (3 am Central) to get my friend's upgrade pushed through using my PP (J=4, <72 hours, #1 on list). Agent said that she couldn't do it because I wasn't traveling with the passenger and the rule is GS+1. Told her she was incorrect. She said that I was wrong. So I told her I am going to hang up and call back until I find an agent who will do it and told her that I hate doing this "agent roulette" thing. She wished me good luck on that. Hung up, called again, and the agent gladly pushed the upgrade through. Agent roulette indeed.
I have tried this same thing at least 3 times in the last few months and haven't had any success, even with multiple HUCA each time. I called yesterday. midday to open saver award space for a companion ticket and the person that answered the phone said "This is B*** at Global". I should have hung up then but didn't. He flat out didn't even know it could be done ("I'm sorry I dont know what you;re asking me to do") so HUCA and agent #2 said "Can only do it if there are upgrades available". I don't have time for this so I might just buy two F tickets on AA instead.