FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa GPUs Go Electronic {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:58 am
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyinglan
What happens if upgrade was confirmed for a segment (LH ICN-FRA), but the recent schedule change makes my connection too short? Now my connection time at ICN BR KHH-ICN is only 20 minutes.
If LH moves me to the later flight, ICN-MUC-MAD, will they move me to I class on the new flight or will they move me to my original booked class and I request the upgrade again?

Thanks.
ugh, these are not easy to resolve. Is it a 220 or a 016 ticket? Assuming 220 ticket then they CAN do this while preserving the upgrade ... that said, that is usually leaving the upgraded flight and changing the other ones. If the only chance to resolve this is to change everything including changing ICN-FRA to ICN-MUC then that is not easy to do, assuming Lufthansa needs to re-issue the ticket. I have been lucky once with an experienced agent to preserve an upgrade, but in other cases it cancelled, refunded the +Ps and I needed to re-apply them. Problem is that LH CS is horrendous right now (unless you are flying F); hope for the best, expect the worst.