FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:33 pm
Ford Fairlane

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
You didn't want to endure another family holiday gathering anyway, did you....

I don't think this deserves a new thread and nearly put it in the Bored Room thread, but...

Starting Dec. 16, flights from SEA to places like IND, CMH, CLE, CVG, and DTW are between $529 and $729 OW in Main. I get that the Dec. holiday season starts then, but I can't recall ever seeing prices so high to that part of the country unless it was a very full flight a few days out.

Was I simply not paying attention to these routes for the latter half of Dec. in previous (pre-pandemic) years, or is all this unprecedented and off-the-charts insane?

There are barely any seats reserved so far on these flights. Does AS really expect people will bite the bullet and pay these prices to take the whole family back to see Grandma and Grandpa for the holidays?

I realize a good answer to this will be yet another link to https://magic-8ball.com/, but I'm interested in any informed speculations.

Edit: FWIW...

Q: Does AS really expect people will bite the bullet and pay these prices to take the whole family back to see Grandma and Grandpa for the holidays?
Magic 8-ball answer: It is decidely so.
Sounds legit.