FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To Car Seat or Not To Car Seat, That is the Question...[Merged Threads]
Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:51 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by a7x
hi all,

This is my first question on FT! I am travelling with my wife and toddler (just turned 2 this month) on LH J YVR-FRA-DEL and then a domestic DEL-HYD.
We are carrying his car seat but we would prefer if he has fun in his lie flat seat. Can we carry it, decide it's not working out (coz we really don't know if it will) and then give it to FAs for temporary storage until landing?

Or is it more of a "if you take it, you got to use it throughout the flight" kinda thing?

He is also sleep trained and always sleeps in his crib. How easy is it for kids to sleep on a lie flat bed after having used the crib for so long? Before this flight, we have always carried his pack-n-play on our road trips and he loves that stuff.

We are planning on carrying an Evenflo car seat and not his massive britax marathon. Thanks!
Maybe if there’s an empty seat somewhere on the flights they could “store” it in a spare seat if it’s allowed to be secured in an available seat that wouldn’t necessarily annoy someone else. Not sure if there are closets big enough or underutilized enough to have such storage space on each of the LH planes you are flying.

If you end up checking in the car seat for part or all of the journey, you may want to have it boxed. Even more so for the DEL-HYD flight. Damaged child carseats are compromised carseats that you won’t want compromised for use on the crazy Indian roads.