FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA’s Premium Economy soft product losing its competitive edge
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:13 am
BahrainLad

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I did VS Premium for the first time back in May. London - DCA via JFK with a long stopover in NYC on the way back. Over a Saturday night booked a few months out the fare was £950 which I thought reasonable. I did the status match so used the Clubhouse at LHR which I found a nicer place to hang out than the CCR, let alone the F lounge.
Outbound was A350. I had the AB bulkhead pair to myself. The food was excellent. Gin was Bombay. Red wine was in a can. Afternoon tea had nice sandwiches, scones and actual patisserie. Service was very friendly. We left LHR and arrived JFK early.
Return was a 787. Again I enjoyed the martinis in the JFK Clubhouse. This flight was full and I had a window seat in the second or third row. I didn’t notice the seat being any more comfortable than the 350. The food was pretty grim and I slept through breakfast.
The Revivals lounge was great, very nice shower facilities with proper tiling rather than lino and a correctly prepared Eggs Benedict.

All in all, it knocked spots off WTP even as a GCH able to use the F Wing, Arrivals etc.