FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:00 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Weekend trip to JFK -- FEBO and PDB-from-tray on both flights (didn't inquire or see anyone asking about other possible PDBs so can't report either way)

12 Aug DL1621 SFO-JFK 08:10 departure

THREE CHEESE QUICHE*
with shredded cheddar *Vegetarian Selection

LEMON RICOTTA STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
with maple roasted peaches, smoked chicken sausage and a side of Chai spice overnight oatmeal with roasted almonds and golden raisins

COCONUT CHIA OATMEAL*
with toasted coconut, almonds, fresh blueberries, and cardamom scented pineapple with cranberry bread and whipped ricotta *Vegetarian Selection
French toast was a bit dry; could've used syrup. The small condiment bowl in the middle had some kind of preserves. Fruits were fresh and delicious. Side of oatmeal was decent too although I didn't finish all of it. Pretty decent overall.

----

14 Aug DL314 JFK-SFO 21:10 departure

MARTA CHICKEN MEATBALLS with olive oil whipped potatoes, Taggasica olives, and spinach

ITALIAN GRAIN BOWL*
with mozzarella cheese, marinated vegetables and creamy balsamic vinaigrette dressing *Vegetarian Selection

MEDITERRANEAN KOFTE
with tabouleh, charred eggplant, and pepper relish

WARM TURKEY MELT*
with bacon and roasted tomatoes *Contains Pork (Limited selection: Only available for selection 24 or more hours prior to departure)

ORECCHIETTE*
with Impossible bolognese, kale, and parmesan cheese *Vegetarian Selection (Limited selection: Only available for selection 24 or more hours prior to departure)
I am a big fan of the Impossible burger, so I wanted to like this more, but it was merely ok. Not really the fault of the Impossible meat; the sauce base was pretty blah. Salad was great (I like all the ingredients) and the dessert wasn't bad either although I would actually rather have the blueberry cheesecake Person across the got the chicken meatballs and if they tasted as good as their aroma then I regret my selection