FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General SQ Questions: 2022-
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:15 am
RayG

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by traveluxe
Hi all, I’ll be travelling LHR to SIN via FRA, on a ticket issued by Lufthansa. The flight to FRA will be on LH and then my flight from FRA to SIN will be on SQ A380 Suites (all on one ticket).
My inner AvGeek is hoping to get a SQ Suites boarding pass to keep as a souvenir.
Am I correct in thinking I can only use the Lufthansa check in at LHR to receive my physical boarding passes and not the Singapore Airlines check in, even though I’ll be flying SQ for the majority of my trip and they’re both *A?
If not, I wondered if anyone can advise if there’s a SQ ticket desk in Frankfurt transit area where I could possibly request a gold Suites boarding pass? Or perhaps at the gate?
You will need to check in with LH in LHR as they issued the ticket. However, you can get a SQ BP issued at gate in FRA. The color-coded SQ BP fulfill a specific function, namely they allow CC to readily identify your class of travel and direct / walk you to your seat.

I hv had SQ staff approach me proactively in the past at outstations and give me a SQ BP when they knew previously I got a generic star BP, precisely for this reason.

Also, if you want the SQ BP as souvenir, make sure you show the LH issued BP when boarding your SQ flight at the gate — just in case the ground agents tear it and return the stub

Last edited by RayG; Aug 14, 2022 at 7:19 am