FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:12 pm
terbangalways

Originally Posted by traveluxe
Hi all, I’m looking to fly this route specifically to enjoy the A380. I know SQ doesn’t have a reputation like Qatar does for changing planes, but I’ve read online that SQ have only confirmed their schedule/aircraft up until March 25th 2023 and that routes beyond that date can be more likely to have an equipment change.

I was hoping to travel April 2023, but upon reading this I’m willing to bring my trip forward to March to travel on the A380.

Would you recommend travelling before March 25th to reduce the risk of equipment change (perhaps back to a 777 again) once they finalise their schedule for April onwards? I’m not familiar enough with Singapore Airlines to make a judgement re: aircraft changes.
Based on my recent equipment swap, choose your best timing. If April is your priority then April. And IF you can secure immediate seat.

should SQ swap equipment, you will have a lot of options - all to your advantage!
My example is ZRH-SIN from suites to first. So I managed to reroute to sq25. All my equipment swap experiences have been good with SQ. You do have to push hard. Know your rights!