FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch (rebranding to GH) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:37 pm
sfgiants13

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Summer rates are usually pretty low here, but these days $199 is fantastic anywhere. I mean, there's a $45 resort fee, so the real nightly rate is $248, but that still isn't horrible even if it still sucks that hotels can get away with this ......... If it makes you feel even better, the standard suites here are basically just corner rooms. There's no bedroom. We used to stay here a lot (enough that when paid self parking became a thing here, it was on my profile to waive that for me without asking) and back when it was still called diamond, this was never the hotel to use a DSU at. I just checked and their summer promo rate includes parking. This place is not short on parking at all, and that's a total cash grab otherwise. The lounge here was pretty good for breakfast. I hear it's not coming back though, and I think someone here also posted the same thing, also showing that the outdoor part of the lounge had been removed entirely.

Did you eat on-site at all? How was it?
Yeah $199 is solid. Hotel rates are through the roof everywhere this summer. I used to be able to get ~$150 at the Arizona Biltmore but it’s about double that now. Since I have no resort fee for globalist and parking is included it’s really not bad. No food on site for me. I typically don’t eat hotel food. I enjoy eating out wherever I’m at or if I’m lazy I’ll bring something back to the room. Or DoorDash it if I’ve been drinking.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Aug 13, 2022 at 5:42 pm