FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR Flounge Customer Service Chaos
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2022, 9:30 am
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Cool

Originally Posted by southsquare
Chaos both in the main T5 terminal and in the Flounge this morning. Misconnect (following a late transatlantic arrival) to LHR/BHD. In normal times, a simple rebooking on the next available BHD (EI or BA) would have been done without question. I stood first in the line in the main terminal and then at the customer service desk in the Flounge from around 7.25 to 11.10am, throughout which time staff refused to rebook me on EI, alleging that wasn't possible, and also refused to rebook me on the only other LHR/BHD that day (roughly 11 hours later), on the basis that it's not available for public sale. They seemed to be quite unable to distinguish involuntary and voluntary rebooking. With a (temporary) injury that (temporarily) limits my capacity, I requested assistance, which was denied. Beside me, in tears, was an elderly lady in a wheelchair who had been asked to wait "over there" by Flounge staff for someone to take her to the Glasgow aircraft, no one did so and no one checked that it had been done, she missed her domestic flight as a result, and who was rebooked around 10 hours later. Also beside me was a couple who had been asked to wait "over there" for a few minutes while something was sorted out. They checked back at the Flounge desk at hourly intervals for the 3 + hours I was there, and on each occasion was directed to "over there" with no substantive assistance offered. Nothwithstanding that there are plenty of seats available on three EI LHR/BHD flights and also on the only other BA LHR/BHD flight today, I was directed from LHR to City Airport by train to take a LCY/BHD flight- with reduced mobility - because no BA LHR staff member could be bothered to rebook or offer any other assistance.
I entered the flounge around 07:35that day and went to the customer service desk on the right hand side as you enter from the First security screening area (opposite the the so called toilets or the bogs as I call them, disgusting they are) . There was no one there at that time but the lone agent was on a mobile phone and unable to discuss same day changes, so I left for the CCR. There I asked the same question but they had to call reservations who advised it was not a changeable ticket. (Open jaw it seems is a complex booking)

I must say that on the 10th the terminal and CCR were dead. I did see some people at the entrance to the lounge but cannot recall a wheelchair. When I headed for my flight around 8:20 it was similarly quiet but to be fair, my attention was taken up with a degree of panic, when I realised my trip to Paris involved me walking most of the way as the gate was C53!!

The lack of ticketing staff in the terminal is frankly outrageous!