FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:03 am
Andrew35K

Programs: OWE, *G
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
Hello QR/Al Safwa Gurus,

First time QR flyer - really looking forward to it - and have three round trips in the coming months LAX-RUH through DOH. Q-Suites on long-haul LAX-DOH and back, F from DOH-RUH and back. DOH-RUH is I think only 90 minutes but is marketed F. My layover is only 90 min on outbound LAX-RUH but on way back, i have a 4.5 hour layover in the middle of the night from like 2:30am (flight departs RUH at 00:55) to 7:30am - brutal!

Will this itinerary gain me access to Al Safwa in both directions? I guess it would be more beneficial on the return flight with the long overnight layover. If not, curious what you Doha experts would do in that layover in the wee hours -- is it worth getting that airport hotel for a quick kip?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Yes, you should have access as an arriving F passenger, despite the short flight (unless anything has changed again very recently).

As for what to to in case you want to sleep - pre-book the hotel. There are also the Sleep N Fly pods but unsure of how good they are. At 2.30 AM it’s a gamble to get a sleeping room at AS. However, if I were you I’d just enjoy some La Grande Dame and have a nice meal and then sleep some on your 15 hour flight which should mean you mitigate some of the jetlag by getting back on PST/PDT.