FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:35 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
The question is why Sweden forced Vattenfall to close two Ringhals reactors.Not that we don't know but lying politicians could deny it.

Regarding the first point it helps to know that the different prices in the country is due to Denmark's complaints. They first complained we had Barsebäck open and after we closed that they then complained we didn't export enough to Denmark...
Reactors should perhaps be considered to have a finite lifespan of c. 40 years or so. For technical reasons but also because of technical skills/knowledge transfer issues and to keep people fresh and on their toes.

Isn’t electricity more expensive around Varberg than around Kiruna?

Originally Posted by nacho
They both have SD as their initials

Immigration? I thought the main topics of this election would be elbrist (lead to multiple municipalities had to turn away businesses because they don't have enough electricity supply), high electricity prices, healthcare and crime.

I think Covid-19 is not really a topic in this election because the opinion is that it's over. I doubt any politician will bring that up because every single parliament member was responsible for the high death tolls.
Covid-19 is completely irrelevant in Sweden at this point, and there will be basically no accountability or credit for what went on during the pandemic.

Given that even Scandinavian billionaires are marking down their Swedish property prices to try to get property sales to happen, and given the inflation and interest rate scene is hitting the property market and consumers in general, the appetite to rush up the property-related taxes can’t be great. Who wants property taxes back in an environment like this.

There seems to be more growing appetite in Sweden to mass-medicate poor children for ADHD than to even make children get vaccinated against Covid-19.

This evening on the way back into Sweden from Copenhagen, I saw no Swedish border control at Hyllie. In the area between Malmo Arena and the Hyllie train station, I did see two residual Swedish police cars — one marked and one unmarked — parked where it’s illegal for the average Svensson to park. In other words, the police had drawn down most of the remaining passport control presence by the time I returned today. Could have been dinner break this time, but not sure about that.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 12, 2022 at 3:53 pm