FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding/Using UA Electronic Travel Certificate & Future Flight Credit {Archive}
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:39 pm
catbox9

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
How does it work if you have an international itinerary r/t and want to cancel after you already complete the first portion of the trip?

I'm flying USA-DUB/DUB-USA next month but some friends planned a last-minute trip to SGN and invited me so I think it would be easier just to fly DUB-SGN rather than DUB-USA-SGN.

I'm also going to Dublin again in November so I could change the dates on the DUB-USA flight, but then I still need to get to Dublin and from what I can tell the USA-DUB r/t price is only about $100 more than the USA-DUB o/w price so it doesn't really make sense to do that.

-----

I sort of tested this in July. I was scheduled to fly USA-OSL/BGO-USA but due to an SAS pilot strike I gave up on the Norway trip after I got there and flew to DUB and then used miles to fly home LHR-USA and was able to chat with an agent and get them to change my BGO-USA segment to a domestic r/t flight but I think they screwed something up because the ticket they booked had a cash price of way more than than BGO-USA segment should've been worth.......and they still issued me an ETC afterwards?!?!