FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Munich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:55 pm
River in Sight

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I booked a three night stay in a Junior Suite (around €300/nt over a weekend) which was upgraded to an Andaz Suite the day prior to arrival. We were in the northwestern-most suite on the 2nd floor and the room looked exactly like what G-CIVC posted in his great review from 2019 so I won’t repost my room pictures. My family really enjoyed the room, there’s significant extra space and having the extra half-bath is really nice. We didn’t hear any noise from inside or out. We had a great time in Munich and would definitely select this hotel if we return.

I hesitated to pick this hotel because the location didn’t seem that central, but we ended up loving it. The neighborhood just to the east is very nice to walk through with lots of little playgrounds and if I had to live in Munich (knowing very little about it) I think I’d be very happy in that neighborhood. It’s convenient to the English Garden and the tram comes so often the location isn’t an issue. I am a big walker and public transit user at home and the transit here was so much more functional than DC that we could get around incredibly quickly.

Pool and Spa
A beautiful space; the pool is open til 6 for children and til 9 for adults. It was heated to around 85F. It’s somewhat unique, half pool and half jetted relaxation areas. The spa was also very nice for relaxation.

Breakfast
Of the four hotels we’ve visited on our current trip, this was by far the best breakfast. Eggs cooked to order and a wide-reaching buffet. My favorite was the shakshuka but also enjoyed the meats and cheeses, great fruit selection, breads, and especially the ground-to-order Nutella maker.

Service
I didn’t ask for much and had no issues. We were offered a welcome drink at the bar which we accepted; there was a happy hour daily but we never made it. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Sample of breakfast buffet selections

Eggs-to-order menu; I was happy with the buffet so didn’t order any, but providing for reference

Grind-your-own Nutella (before…

…and after). Delicious!

Sunset from the pool deck