FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR Flounge Customer Service Chaos
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:39 am
southsquare

Programs: BA Gold
CWS, spot on, as usual. Yes, it was BA1414. I arrived at the gate (A1) at 0714. It should have closed at 0710 for 0730 departure, so I was 4 minutes late (after late transatlantic arrival). Club World flight connections had called the gate to ask it to wait a few minutes and the gate had agreed to do so. (I overheard the phone conversation as my LHR/BHD boarding pass beeped at flight connections, and sent me to an agent, who called the gate immediately while I waited in front of her. She then reprinted my boarding pass and sent me to A1, with someone to walk me to the front of security to get me through quickly, given the time constraint). One of the gate agents at A1 (who was packing up at 0714) asserted that they had "waited a long time" for me and then off-loaded me. I queried this, she refused to clarify what a "long time" was and as I was only 4 minutes after the regular gate closure time, it seems that her definition of "a long time" must be 0 - appox. 3 minutes. Meanwhile, the other remaining gate agent contradicted her, asserting that as that flight had a light load, he had taken the decision to close it early and off-load me (notwithstanding the phone call with flight connections). In summary, ono one agent states that they waited "a long time" (i.e. perhaps 3 minutes) and the other agent states that he closed the flight early as it had a light load (light because it's a flight that is no longer available for sale). Is there any way of determining the precise time at which the flight closed?