FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:15 pm
Flying Machine

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I checked my receipt. It was $172 (memory inflation got you!!). I got this price after rebooking. The price was dropping several times that day.
Regarding your upgrade chance, it is much higher than SFO-EWR. It is too early to tell. I have not replied to your pm. I will be on a Italy-Spain trip until the end of this month.

Thanks i’ll send you a PM when I know my exact time in RIC. I paid about $10 more than you did, I didn’t re-price for the 10 bucks. I thought United could use the money to get better champagne for PDBs

It was a sort of mistake fare. The fare was in W class, United's computer thought that B6 still operated RIC-LAX nonstop and tried to beat B6 to the punch.
There is a thread about UA having higher booking classes with the same fare more or less, then the lower booking classes. I wonder if this had something to do with it. Anyway thanks again for the tip