FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:04 am
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I flew back from Bali last night, my first experience of the Q suite. My outbound had been on the A330, a narrow and rather uncomfortable seat but one I was still able to get 6 hours of rest in.

I had 1K and the 1:05am departure was way past my bed time so I was shattered.

My initial reaction was that this was a very claustrophobic space, but I came around to the privacy benefits when the door was closed, or rather when it would close. Rear facing seats appear to have a problem with keeping the door closed when climbing.

The seat however was simply uncomfortable and sleeping was a real struggle. It was not good and things went from bad to worse when almost 2 hours of turbulence bounced us around over Malaysia.

I only ate breakfast which was excellent ( French toast) and had some pink champagne when I boarded which my wife liked, but I thought was awful and left 3/4 of it.

The crew were just what you wanted on a overnight flight, engaging, efficient and quiet!

The flight arrived ahead of schedule and I went to Al Safwa as my connection to London was in F. That’s another story.

As for Q suite, well for me the jury is still out. My flight may have had an old seat, whatever it wasn’t comfortable, in sleep mode. The space grew on me but I’d probably fly forward facing next time

Doha dawn