FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comparison between BA/QR/AA on one booking
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:36 am
danmushman

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by walkingtall
The airport seemed pretty packed throughout, especially so during the early morning (1am) and the morning departures (8am) they closed the restaurant during the morning departures, I didn't see the other lounges but I assume the same, they QR lounge (AL Mourjan) just couldn't cope with the number of passengers, I was told that if I had QR Platinum I would be allowed access to the First Class Lounge, I always have found QR restricting access a bit bizarre and not in line with OW, but they must have there reasons, Maybe BA should start restricting QR Platinum from using the lounges when flying Economy and not allow Business class QR Plat from using the First Lounge at T5? then things may change...

For lounges EK is a better bet than QR in my humble view
Hmm bit worrying re: Al Mourjan lounge. I think they're hoping opening the other 3 lounges would've helped. The 3 new lounges are OW lounges so their essentially like BA First and Galleries at T5 whilst the CCR is a restricted BA (and AA) lounge. From what I've read the platinum lounge may have a similar service (including al la carte as well as buffet) dining - but only a few months old. Haven't been able to find any detailed reviews or YouTube videos which I would've expected some keen YT'ber would've done already.