FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold upgrade voucher on transcontinental
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:42 am
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FrenchInLondon
There a mention of AA marrying TCON and TATL flights when the TATL is AA operated: do I understand correctly that it only matters for booking revenue I class tickets as I inventory may not be the same for let's say a LAX-JFK in isolation (or connecting to a BA JFK LHR) and and a LAX_JFK connecting to an AA JFK to LHR? But once booked, as far as GUF and A availability is concerned, legs can be upgraded independently as long as there is A (upgrade reward) availability for each? So married legs do not impact upgradeability with GUFs in any shape or form?

Thank you
I don't think we are sure.

I was booking into I-class and upgrading into A-class at the same time. I needed I-class availability on both the TATL and the Transcon to secure the fare and A-class on both to secure the upgrade. I had checked segment for segment and found no BA I or A class on the Transcon sector I wanted even though the agent was offering me availability. Later I checked and saw that if I checked LHR-JFK-SFO in EF I would indeed see the I and A availability. Separately the JFK-SFO sector had A but not I. I also noticed that availability of A and I classes on the JFK-SFO sector was different depending on if the TATL was AA operated (not coded) or not.