FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair nonstop longhaul flights from ARN
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:31 pm
miamiflyer8

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I’m not an ARN expert by any means so others will have better advice for you but if I understand the T5 setup correctly they have 2 separate non-schengen areas which are behind different passport checks, not sure if they allow non-schengen arrivals to stay airside at all, though, as I have only departed from T5 non-schengen to Asia and the US, never arrived there (well too long time ago anyway, during the 2010 Iceland ash cloud mess I got back to Europe from Rio via MAD/LHR/ARN but no idea anymore how they treated UK arrivals).
Gates 17-24 are a partitioned off non-Schengen area, and so is the upper level of the F concourse. I arrived at gate 18 last month and arriving pax can follow signs to transit security which dumps you in the non-Schengen vestibule of those gates (and then take a transfer bus to F gates) or you can go to immigration (story in itself as they lectured me as a Swedish citizen re entering with my ID card) which then leads you to either a transit checkpoint to go to the Schengen side or you can keep going to baggage claim. Arriving in F you go to the bowels of that concourse and your choices are similar to what I described earlier. No sterile transfer under any circumstance when coming non-Schengen, so OP will pass security but whether he takes a bus remains to be seen.