FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YYZ International Arrivals
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:58 pm
StuckInYYZ

Originally Posted by jondawg6
Flying SIN-ICN-YYZ next week (AC on the last leg), party of 4 w/ 2 little ones (<7yrs)

This is a 1-way ticket as I'm relocating home after living abroad for 15yrs.

We are schedule to land at 6:35pm but since my wife needs to complete her PR paperwork, it's going to be quite late before we step out of the Baggage Hall...so smoothness is paramount because of the kids &amp;amp; the long-haul!

This is where I need some expert help!

3 key questions (so far!)
  1. Are Baggage Porter Services readily available these days in the hall or do I need to pre-arrange? I'm coming with the max! (Sadly no status) 8 x 30" bags + 4 carry-ons (assuming they all arrive! 🤞
  2. Does anyone have recommendations for a cost-effective pick-up service that can fit all that luggage (+ us &#128541 and take us in town?
  3. Recommendation for insurance specifically for the checked bags? Need something much more comprehensive than standard stuff found on credit cards, and simple vacation/travel insurance. I can't seem to find anything or don't know where to look.

I don't need the bags right away, but I NEED those bags. Already paying a bomb for the sea shipment that follows in 3-4 months. Items in the checked bags are things we think we'll need right away.

If you have any other tips/suggestions, I would totally welcome them!

Can't wait to finally take my eldest boy to a Raps game!
Two things...

3) You might want to check out Amex and RBC for insurance options. Pretty sure they'll have something that covers your use case...

[mod edit]

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 15, 2022 at 8:59 am Reason: Redacted off topic comment