FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Really…. No Meal Available in FC Today
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:51 pm
Xrayman

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by mtofell
This exact thing has happened to me and is why I don't pre-order food. Not sure if that would have mattered in this case but have to think they'd pre-load enough meals for everyone in FC to have something. Basically, they saw you ordered a cheese plate and assumed that was what you wanted. I've asked several FAs and received vastly different responses. One told me once the upgrade happens your pre-ordered food is canceled. Another told me when you pre-order it follows you and that's your only choice. And yet another told me if can follow you but you can also select something else. I figure my best bet is to just not pre-order and I'll get to choose but that's assuming they pack enough meals for all the FC seats. Would be nice if they had a consistent policy.
Interesting to not preorder a meal in premium seating. I will consider adjusting my process to not order. The cheese plate has been my reflexive order for 7 years. It’s not something I die for but rather tolerate. Food at airport quick picks now work better as well.