FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long haul in-flight catering | Club World
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:53 pm
Betteronacamel

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Good Evening all

We're off the IAD at the end of the month returning at the beginning of September - out in CW and back in CS.

I can see that CW/CS has ended up as BA's ugly step-child as far as in-flight catering is concerned - good to see that F and WTP have had their post covid tweaks, whereas good 'ol CW (have you seen the fares recently?) lingers on in post apocalypse gloom. Nothing much appears to have changed since the dreadful culinary experience we had in March, still no pre-booking and the mediocre food all on one tray. All pretty much the same as you'd get on a 2 or 3 hour Eurojaunt but with flat beds. Happy to buy in to the one-tray C-19 necessity (nice little Willie Walsh/Alex Cruz legacy there) but is it really necessary to serve such dross?

Before I change my religion - does anyone have the current bill of fare for August to the East Coast?

And does anyone have any insight into what Kosher meals on longhaul BA look like?

Have they beefed up the Club Kitchen beyond bags of crisps (chips)?

We are on BA 293 outbound (5pm) and BA 216 inbound (worth eating in town before the off or is there decent lounge food at IAD?).

Yeah, I know - First World problems and all that, but having paid through the nose here......