FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for advice on Avios use
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:15 am
AviationMoose

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Club Europe is just a curtained off area at the front of the aeroplane. All the seats are economy ones and equally uninspiring. Perhaps row 1 gives you a millisecond advantage in disembarking but you can’t stretch your legs. Waste of time to pay with anything for CE seats.

Fly economy next time and pay for the exit seats; much better!
See, I know I'm not necessarily getting the best value by doing it, but I'm a fan of using Avios to reduce the price of CE tickets. It's a nicer place to be on the plane, there's the catering, lounge access, priority at many airports etc. And for me, it's actually proven an effective way of getting respectable levels of TPs.

Even though I could perhaps get better value for the points at the supermarket, I know how much a shop costs - it's factored into my household accounts. There's also the fact that I don't necessarily want to be wedded to Sainsburys. Flying is one of those things which I consider a luxury; a thing I perhaps don't need to spend money on, and when I do there's still an element of 'treat' to it. So for me, using Avios to make CE tickets the same as or cheaper than ET tickets, has been quite satisfying.

It's not for everyone, but I do think there's an attraction for some. Hopefully not just for me...