FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Improved seat number pre-allocation facility
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:59 pm
SchmeckFlyer

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
What about the "best" seats in Traveler and Traveler Plus (since we have already discussed First and Club)?

Will seats such as 29A and 29K in the 38J 747 configurations be blocked to Golds/Prems? I do travel in Traveler, and have always been able to snag 29K, which is the economy equivalent of 62A/K (no seat in front on you, easy aisle access, leg room, window seat). I see Golds proudly sporting their tags in Y, so I imagine they will want the best seats possible.

How about the single seats in Traveler Plus on the 70J configurations at the front of the cabin (I think 28B/J)?

I don't think much will change though... seating requests/allocations seem so ad-hoc at BA and subject to the whim of whatever minion one happens to be speaking to. Before I flew regularly and so was just a Blue, I never seemed to have much trouble getting 62A and keeping it. About two months ago, I was told that rows 62+ are held back only for fare-paying pax (I was on redemption). I've lost count of how many times I have been pre-allocated a seat only to find I was moved to a horrible spot at check-in. Seems the better policy would be to only give pre-allocation to Golds/Prems and pax with special needs.

Last edited by SchmeckFlyer; Dec 1, 2004 at 4:05 pm