FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does AA recognise GGL
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2022, 12:24 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by 2358
i do like to be able to be close to my bag, which is why I appreciate early boarding on BA, which I am clearly not getting with AA - ie I board with whatever the ticket gives me.
Are you selecting MCE or an exit row seat? As an AA Plat Pro, I board with group 2 (unless I get upgraded), and I've never not been close to my bag in the overhead. Are you boarding with group 2, or waiting until later? It is possible that if you're in the lounge and get to the gate after boarding has begun and miss your group that it might be tough to find overhead space near your seat. And AA is notorious for boarding early; I usually plan to be at the gate at least 10-15 minutes before the scheduled boarding, as it often happens then.

I know that AA will usually offer PE seats for CK and EXP complimentary, on a space-available basis, but I'm not sure if that benefit is extended to partners. Of course if the main cabin is oversold, they will do a cabin roll based on status, but that is very much the exception rather than the rule. I once was rolled to business on JL SGN-NRT, on a super cheap ticket.