FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fast Track LHR T3
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:45 am
squawk

This morning (Sat 6th Aug) getting through Terminal security was painless. I’d deliberately allowed considerable extra time but in the end it was unnecessary - not a great loss, as I just got some work done in the Cathay lounge instead.

From arriving at T3 to being in the lounge was 22 minutes, which included more than five minutes speaking to a friend who I bumped into, and another 3-4 mins grabbing something from a shop. I knew where I was going, and was hand baggage only, but I still regard this as about as good as it can be!

Timings below:

06:42 Left Hilton Garden Inn. A tip: the back door of the HGI is easier - cross the Eastern Perimeter Road, as you can then walk along the Great South-West Road to Hatton Cross station on the level. This avoids having to go up and over the footbridge by Hatton Cross Roundabout.
06:47 On platform Hatton X
06:54 Hatton X train arrived to T123
06:57 arrived Heathrow T123 tube
07:01 arrived T3
Brief intermission when I saw an old friend
07:08 T3 D entrance
07:10 back of Fast Track queue (this was after boarding pass scan, so fairly short - not that many people in front of me)
07:17 through security
Intermission to grab something from a shop
07:23 Sat inside Cathay Pacific lounge

Addendum: the only disappointment so far was that AY1332 was meant to depart at 10:20, and we’ve only just started boarding. As far as I can tell it was a lack of buses. But being cooped up at Gate 24 (bus gate) with almost no information for most of the last hour is a lot less pleasant than the Cathay lounge…

Last edited by squawk; Aug 6, 2022 at 3:50 am