FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2022, 12:01 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
UA27 DEN/LHR Aug 3

Pre departure beverage offered. Then warm nuts and drink cart. No Glenfarklas available, FA said she haven’t seen any for a few weeks. Supply chain/COVID/Staff shortages/Pelosi Taiwan trip likely the excuses. We’re in Edinburgh atm, no shortage of SM Scotch here!

We had appetizers at Elways in DEN so we weren’t real hungry but I stepped to the edge of the cliff and ordered spinach flan. Actually, quite tasty and flavorful. The color was a bit off-putting but I enjoyed the new meal change. Mrs DEN had the chicken. It looked like a actual chicken breast (info for SPN Lifer) without the texture of added meat protein and without bubbles (aka chicken McNuggets). We enjoyed both meals, temperature and plating was very good. Mrs DEN skipped dessert and I had the cheese plate. We both skipped breakfast.

Balance of the flight was typical post Polaris launch+2 service ( AKA the Golden Years…), FA’s ghost you after desert and seldom reappear unless heading back to go off duty.

I’d rate the dinner meals we ate at Solid “B+/A-” and the menu changes was a welcome sight.

DEN

Ate it all!

Last edited by DEN; Aug 6, 2022 at 1:04 am