FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When does the (physical) UC membership card arrive after Club credit card approval?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:44 pm
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That's odd, I have been a member since the mid-80's and have always received a card annually. My new UC card for this year is due this month so we will see how that goes.

However for UC admittance, you have not needed a card as the UC card is tied to your UA member numbers and a BP scan was sufficient to validate admittance. So if if on a domestic only trip, your UC membership even without a card were have been validated and if on an international trip, *G status or the encoded UC membership would gain one access to UCs.
Well -- I wasn't with UA since the 1980's -- and I became UA GS via CO -- and once I decided to join as I was travelling in the US much more so I valued it -- I was never sent a physical card -- only via the app-- and was never asked for one -- ever -- as others have reported there really is no need for one -- but I did add it to my apple wallet -- along with my *A card -- as trying to find these things in the UA app is -- let's just say - frustrating.....

I joined the UA club in Boston at the club after the usual UA delay -- and renewed many times -- but never received a physical card -- and never expected one as it showed up in the app the same day....

ETA -- the only time I've EVER needed to show any proof of *A / club membership outside of my BP was with Lufthansa -- typically a few times per month -- who for some reason still wont accept what a BP says...

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Aug 5, 2022 at 11:57 pm