FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When does the (physical) UC membership card arrive after Club credit card approval?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:38 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
When I was a UA club member I never received a physical card ---
That's odd, I have been a member since the mid-80's and have always received a card annually. My new UC card for this year is due this month so we will see how that goes.

However for UC admittance, you have not needed a card for many years as the UC card is tied to your UA member numbers and a BP scan was sufficient to validate admittance. So if if on a domestic only trip, your UC membership even without a card were have been validated and if on an international trip, *G status or the encoded UC membership would gain one access to UCs.

For the *A lounges, either status or UC membership. Before *G was regularly encode in BPs, either your status card or UC card could get you admittance but status was the better method for LH lounges as it gets you Senator Lounge access and UC membership just get the Business Class Lounge. Fortunately, *A lounges are now good taking virtual status cards (preCOVID many lounges would not take a virtual UC card, even the *A rules required a physical card).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 5, 2022 at 11:50 pm Reason: *A lounges