FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:49 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by n12hx
I don't think it's actually 45/50, with Prem+ so overbooked and Y full. I can't imagine that they're planning to downgrade 22 folks (or invol bump them or other Y pax). It just seems like such an odd set-up on UA's part.
I'm not 100% sure that I trust UA's IT. I do believe you're correct that J is half-full at the moment, and P+ is showing as vastly oversold. But I'm having a hard time believing that UA really managed to sell twice its allotment of P+ seats. If that turns out to be a glitch, the op-up might never materialize. If it's accurate, though, the likelihood of an op-up seems quite high if they take the time to follow the prescribed procedure. If they don't... I'd hate to hate my P+ expire when they could have secured a TATL seat.

ETA: One other thought. If they happen to swap out this plane for one without a P+ cabin, I'd sure rather have a waitlisted PP upgrade -- better yet, a cleared upgrade, if they get so generous -- than a hope for an op-up from an economy fare with an upgrade sticker.