FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! Three years trying to book a ticket with AA
Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:28 am
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lorkers
That's exactly what it is - I've at last finally extracted that information out of the notoriously opaque call centre. Although it took two calls, and rather a lot of badgering asking the question several times in different ways before, after a long time on hold, they told me that as it was cancelled, all they will refund is the taxes. Remember though, it was AA who cancelled my flight, not me, so it might be seen as 'a little bit unfair'.
However, that question is rather moot. I don't want a refund.
What I want to do it actually fly the flights AA cancelled. Although I'll have to personally stump up the cost of the flights from Australia to USA East Coast just to do that, if AA will ever tell me what the voucher actually is!
Do you have written documentation that ticket is valid until Dec 31 2022 (as mentioned in post #1)? AA extended validity for tickets originally issued in 2020 to Dec 31 2022 but must be rebooked by Sep 30 2022. Your first post suggest ticket was purchased in 2019.