FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Compensation For Delayed/Cancelled Flights
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:56 am
DFWsakp

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
I was travelling from YOW - YYZ - DFW on 15th July 2022
On the day of travel, my initial YOW - YYZ flight was cancelled due to technical issue with aircraft and i was auto booked on the next one which also kept getting delayed and finally arrived I believe almost 4 hours late in YYZ (Reason for the delay again: an aircraft technical issue)
The connecting direct flight (YYZ - DFW) was out rightly cancelled that day and AC provided with meals and overnight stay.
The reason given for YYZ - DFW cancellation was: "an unforeseen aircraft maintenance issue" - This came in a SMS Text which I still have.
The next day then put me on a connecting flight (YYZ - AUS - DFW) with the last leg on American and I ended up reaching home about 20 hours late.

Will I be eligible for compensation and how much?
I have logged a request with AC and got a standard email stating that they will respond in 30 days.

Lastly, any idea how they compensate you? Do they send a check? OR Do they pay back the Credit Card that was used to buy the flight? If they refund the credit card, then thats a problem as this was a company paid flight and i would rather get paid personally rather than the money going back to my employer (for the hassles i had to go thru)